The Abu Dhabi Global Market International Financial Center is a free trade zone that attracts entrepreneurs around the world. It is located in the capital of the UAE Abu Dhabi on the island of Al-Maria. A large number of companies of international and regional importance are registered here. The Free Zone was formed in accordance with Federal Law No. (8) of 2004, Federal Decree No. (15) of 2013, Cabinet of Ministers Resolution No. (4) of 2013 and Abu Dhabi Law No. (4) of 2013.
The stable functioning of organizations and their development is ensured by independent structures of the global market:
- financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA);
- ADGM courts.
They work to create comfortable conditions that correspond to the best practices of international marketing, which is recognized by the whole world and used by the most advanced and large-scale organizations.
ADGM cooperates with other financial centers, global institutions. Due to this, there is a stable development and support of partner companies with legal jurisdiction, regulatory framework, provides an attractive business environment and everything that companies need for sustainable business growth.
For which companies is a free zone suitable?
Those entrepreneurs who plan to conduct the following types of activities should choose to register their organization in ADGM:
- digital banking and investments;
- fund and investment management;
- information support for enterprises;
- service funds;
- trusts, foundations, family businesses;
- technology startups;
- regional treasury operations;
- holdings and investment structures;
- head offices and management functions.
Business registration in ADGM
Those wishing to launch their business in ADGM should know that the financial center on the island of Al Maria is the best choice for every entrepreneur who wants to launch his business in the UAE. For this, everything possible is being done by the organizational segment. The registration system is simple, transparent, convenient and highly efficient to be able to process requests quickly.
Principles of application review
To apply for company registration, it is not even necessary to be personally present, as well as expensive notarization. The ADGM team reviews the application remotely and issues the constituent documents. The type of license required to conduct the selected type of activity is also determined remotely..
Visa and government services
The registration authority is responsible for the direct registration of partners, as well as the licensing of legal entities in accordance with the requirements of the ADGM. In addition, a full range of public services is provided to organizations and specialists operating on the island.
The International Market Team provides recommendations, reviews and processes applications from everyone wishing to register their business based on the ADGM Company Regulations of 2015, the ADGM Commercial Licensing Regulations of 2015, the accompanying ADGM Rules and Regulations of 2015.
Office space options
Those organizations whose work requires office space are provided with class “A” areas. Coworking spaces are also available to partners, which are provided by the business centers “Reugs”, “We-work” and “Hub 71”. A comfortable and modern working environment is observed in all rooms, and a panoramic view of the city is provided to improve efficiency.
Advantages of registering a company in the UAE in the free zone “ADGM”
Many companies seek to register with ADGM, as this platform provides a huge number of advantages, including:
- Ease of registration. All the processes that are associated with obtaining a permit to conduct business are quite simple, transparent and understandable. Services are provided that help new companies enter the market and develop faster. It is a friendly environment in which there is everything to systematically support, service, consult and cooperate with enterprises, contributing to success and prosperity.
- The effect of English common law. In order to make it easier to build relationships with partners and conclude profitable contracts, English common law operates in the free zone. This database is familiar to many international companies, they are used to working with it and trust it. This greatly facilitates interaction.
- Independent jurisdiction. All procedures in the free zone are transparent, and this is achieved thanks to independent ADGM courts. Thus, the jurisdiction of the platform ensures the certainty of business and business processes.
- Many corporate structures and legal instruments. The ADGM ecosystem provides a full range of corporate structures and legal instruments to protect the rights of partners and ensure the security of businesses operating on the territory of the business.
- Dual licensing. If an organization is registered in the free zone in Abu Dhabi, it can also count on obtaining a license from the “Department of Economic Development”. It allows us to provide services to government customers and foreign clients.
- Zero taxation. Foreigners can fully own a business, and there are no corporate and income taxes. There are also no restrictions on the repatriation of profits, numerous UAE agreements allow avoiding double taxation.
Activities and legal structures in ADGM
ADGM plays a key role in positioning Abu Dhabi as a global center of business and finance, which is linked to the growing economic opportunities of the Middle East, South Asia and Africa.
ADGM is not only for financial services. The legal and operational platform of the Global Market is attractive for a wide range of professional and business services, as well as for family businesses, corporate headquarters and various management functions. A favorable environment has been created here for holding companies with permanent locations, special purpose companies and other structures for storing and protecting assets.
Structure of the registration authority in ADGM
To meet the needs of the business community, the Registration Authority consists of the following departments:
- Business development. All organizations interested in partnering with ADGM are primarily faced with the work of this department. Its employees provide comprehensive support, guide the organization throughout the process.
- Registration and unification. This structure of the trading zone is responsible for the registration of companies in the Global Market ecosystem and issues commercial licenses that allow them to conduct their activities.
- Monitoring and enforcement. The Monitoring and Enforcement Department directs, supervises, and also takes disciplinary measures against companies that may have violated the commercial legislation of ADGM.
- Corporate relations. The Corporate Relations Department regulates all processes related to the provision of public services. This applies to immigration, the granting of visas, medical checks.
- Customer experience. This segment of the structure of work with organizations, which is the main contact person for incoming proposals, reviews, complaints. Thanks to him, the service is constantly being improved and optimized.
Types of licenses
By creating a company on the Global Market in Abu Dhabi, a company can register under one of the following types of licenses:
Each of the presented types of licenses includes a specific list of activities that an Abu Dhabi Global Market partner can engage in.