Dubai Academic City is a specialized area with a special economic status. The year of foundation of the academic city is 2007. The territory includes residential and office buildings of mixed Lux-class development, as well as prestigious universities. Consider the business infrastructure and other features of the area.
About Dubai Academic City
DIAC was developed to meet the needs of the growing academic community of the region. There are many colleges and universities here, and the number of students reaches 24,000. Now the free economic zone attracts talented specialists and ensures the development of the Emirates’ economy in the scientific and intellectual direction. Students can choose from 400 bachelor’s and master’s degree programs that are closer to them.
Dubai Academic City Business Infrastructure
The infrastructure is widely developed on the territory of DIAC. There are restaurants, shops, recreation rooms and other interesting objects. It is also possible to rent housing, offices, business centers with modern equipment and premises for beauty salons in the FEZ.
There are many commercial-type spaces on the territory. They provide the necessary environment for the development and growth of students and teachers.
D/Quarters is considered a unique space for collaborative activities. It gives innovators a society to develop. It is not only a workplace, but also a flexible solution that is able to adapt to the rapidly developing global work culture.
The space includes:
- Furnished offices.
- Personal desktop.
- A common table.
The centers are engaged in promoting ideas to the next stage of growth.
- Setting up a business.
- Workspaces for creative activity.
- Seminars and events.
- Access to investors.
Within the framework of in5 Centers, there is a business incubation program, annual membership and rental of premises. 3 directions are offered for students, businessmen and startups:
- in5 Tech.
- in5 Design.
- in5 Media.
Members of the freelancer community get access to exclusive opportunities to find projects, expand.
How GoFreelance works:
- Registration and receipt of data to log in to the axs portal.
- Entrance, application submission.
- Payment completion, ready to start work.
You can also develop your business with the help of retail organizations.
The academic city has a fairly high growth in service – there are more than 28,000 students and scientists here.
Which companies can be registered in DIAC
On the territory of the district , you can register:
- LLC – the company has its own legal identity. The registration receipt depends on the type of business.
- A branch of the company. It can be any foreign/parent company.
- Freelancing – providing a platform for people who want to become freelancers, create their own company.
Available licenses in this zone
There are 2 types of licenses available in the district: commercial, freelance. This means that you can practice:
- organization of companies in the field of higher education;
- provision of various services;
- organization of training centers in online format;
- organization of schools, foreign representative offices.
- completely foreign ownership of capital;
- there are no customs duties on services, products;
- you can distribute profits and capital yourself;
- full tax exemption for a period of 50 years;
- a simple visa issuance process for students, employees and teachers.
Registration will take from 7 to 14 days. The minimum authorized capital for firms like FZ-LLC is 50 000 AED. If you decide to register a branch, you do not need such capital.
Life in an Academic town
Features of life here:
- a great option to get an education in Dubai;
- the presence of 28 world universities;
- foreign investment;
- low price for accommodation when compared with other zones;
- annual job fairs;
- a large selection of apartments for rent for students.
In the academic town you will find apartment buildings with large rooms, high ceilings. The apartments are equipped with several balconies at once, which will become a convenient place for students to study. Green parks are located around the complexes.
Average Rental Receipt (AED):
- studios – 20 thousand;
- with 1 bed – 37 thousand;
- 2-bed – 46 thousand.
There are 2 popular student complexes on the territory:
- The Myriad: 6 floors, 1820 rooms, a check for rent – 2,2 thousand AED.
- Al Shiba Complex: the price for rent is 16 thousand AED per year.
The residential complexes are equipped with gyms, swimming pools, cafes and other facilities.
Transport and parking spaces
The academic city is distinguished by a large number of transport interchanges for public transport. Here you can take the RTA bus or take a taxi. Each campus is equipped with at least one bus stop.
Among the parking spaces there are open, covered. Many of them are able to accommodate more than a thousand cars.
Amenities, schools and healthcare
There are many amenities here:
- food outlets;
- beauty salons.
There is also a car rental, a travel agency and a driving school on site.
Among the schools for foreigners, it is worth highlighting:
- French Lyceum named after J.Pompidou.
- A German school in Dubai.
- Dubai English College with a British curriculum.
There are medical facilities on every campus. There are also nearby:
- polyclinic Medicure;
- center for Children Farha Clinics;
- Magnum Gulf Medical Center;
- Aster Clinic;
- Fakeeh University Hospital.
International universities and colleges:
- Friendship University.
- Manipal Academy.
- Sabist University.
- American in the Emirates.
- Heriot-Watt University in Dubai.
- British in Dubai.
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani.
Shopping malls and restaurants
The nearest shopping center is Souq Extra – a 2-minute drive by car. But there are others:
- Dubai Outlet Mall is an 8–minute drive away.
- Dragon Mart is 15 minutes away.
On the territory of the Akademgorodok complex there is a localized food court with restaurants such as:
- Bombay Chowpatty.
- Kaake K Manusha.
- Fuel Up.
Also here you can visit the French Bakery, the dessert shop Chocoberries.
What to consider
Dubai Academic City offers a wide range of types of education, but has limited accommodation options. There is a risk that during the peak reception season, most of the premises will be occupied. Nevertheless, the city continues to be built, and soon more residential projects will appear here.