Dubai South Free Zone is one of the most important developing business centers in Dubai. It is familiar to many by its old name – Dubai World Central (DWC). Today, the center is considered a world-class shopping, business and aviation complex. The economic zone supports many types of activities – from logistics to commerce and is located near Al Maktoum International Airport. This location opens up wide opportunities for trade by air transportation.
Features of Dubai South
When planning the project for 2021, the objectives were to create:
- a city of happy, creative and strong people;
- a suitable place to live, work and make financial investments;
- a cohesive society;
- a smart and sustainable city;
- the center of the world economy.
The free zone extends over 145 square kilometers. This is a masterfully planned city. The ecosystem includes the development of integrated areas (in addition to the airport and exhibition venues):
- Residential with an area of 7.15 km2 with modern housing for the urban population with an average salary.
- Commercial with an area of 7.95 km2, which is divided into eight zones. Each has a lot of employment opportunities, as well as trade and commercial infrastructure.
- Logistics. He controls the delivery processes and provides ready-made facilities for the service of integrators, forwarders and agents.
- Aviation with an area of 6.7 square meters. In the future, the district will become one of the largest maintenance and repair centers in the world. It is also considered a permanent venue for the Dubai Airshow, the Middle East Business Aviation Exhibition and the VIP Terminal.
- Humanitarian. There are office facilities, warehouses, conference halls.
- Golf. The area includes an elite residential complex around a world-class golf course. Guests of the villa can take advantage of training grounds, lawns for playing, professional shops and a luxury club.
What offers are in effect in the South of Dubai?
In the free zone there are various offers for renting premises:
- Smartdesk. We are talking about a smart desk that you can use five hours a week, or, in another way, an hour a day.
- Smart office. It is shared, not to be confused with a personal account. This offer is also available for use five hours a week for an hour a day.
- Permanent premises – available for rent to customers without time limit. The tenant receives the keys and can constantly use the provided furniture, for example, desks.
Each of the rooms has a conference room. With advance booking, 5 hours of their free use are available. After that, one hour will cost 75 dirhams.
Why is it worth opening a business in this area of Dubai?
In the southern region, the population reaches one million people. Only the residential area occupies 715 hectares, and there are also villas and much more. What are the advantages of starting a business:
- completely tax-free transactions;
- the ability to use flexible office space;
- 100% foreign ownership;
- full repatriation of capital and profits;
- no import taxes and export;
- flexible commercial lease requirements;
- a wide range of business events;
- a minimum set of documents to open a business;
- there is no need to confirm the authorized capital;
- there are no currency restrictions and competitive rates;
- availability of modern equipment.
What types of licenses are valid in the Dubai Southern Free Zone?
In the South of Dubai , the following types of licenses are distinguished:
- Industrial. It is worth buying if you plan to engage in light industrial activities.
- Logistics. The company can receive it only for the implementation of transport services.
- Trading and general trading. It is necessary for the import, export, distribution, as well as storage of certain goods in the Emirates market. With it, you will be able to sell goods within and outside the territory. The exception is products prohibited by law.
- For services. Allows you to provide the services specified in the license on the territory of the free zone, but is not limited to them.
- For education. An option for those who plan to provide educational services, for example, to teach or advise.
Dubai South Freezone is a great option for those who plan to open a company in Dubai or get a resident visa for themselves and their family. Here you will find the ideal urban ecosystem that will allow your business to save money and time.