Many unique thematic business locations have been created on the territory of the UAE, which are commonly referred to as free zones. International Humanitarian City, an international humanitarian town, stands out among them. It is a non-profit, non-religious and policy-free organization that provides optimal conditions for the work of international humanitarian organizations and institutions.
About the largest humanitarian center in the world
Dubai International Humanitarian City was founded in 2003 through the merger of Dubai Aid City and Dubai Humanities City. The International Humanitarian City is the only non—profit, independent administration of the free humanitarian zone, in which, in addition to commercial companies, there is a community of about 80 members, including the UN, non-profit, non-governmental organizations.
In 2011, the International Humanitarian City was moved to its current location near Al Maktoum Airport and Jebel Ali Port. Its area has increased from the previous 30 thousand square meters to 90 thousand square meters. This is the largest humanitarian center in the world, whose residents can move cargo from the sea to the air in just 10 minutes. Today, the area of offices and warehouses of the International Humanitarian City has increased to 135 thousand square meters.
Why open a business in International Humanitarian City
The opening of a company on the territory of IHC implies many advantages and opportunities for development, namely:
- a whole community of international and local humanitarian non-profit organizations, commercial suppliers, business partners, a multifunctional integrated logistics corridor;
- advanced infrastructure facilities;
- comprehensive services from reliable suppliers;
- equipped, comfortable networking spaces;
- a ready-made platform for the exchange of humanitarian information and knowledge;
- socially responsible, functional environment;
- simplified access for applicants, volunteers.
Companies opening in this free zone receive full foreign ownership, repatriation of capital and profit in full, no fees, commissions for money transfer, full exemption from import and export duties.
What makes IHC a strategic place?
IHC attaches strategic importance to several important points:
- high level of airport and seaport infrastructure organization;
- state support for political stability, economic growth;
- stable local currency;
- advantageous geographical location;
- prompt response of services to disasters;
- fast shipping by sea and air;
- competitive remuneration structure;
- attractive, comfortable, multicultural living environment.
Cooperation with the free zone can be registered as a new commercial company or a branch of an existing one. For the convenience of residents, several packages with different sets of services are presented:
- standard office;
- package “Business center”.
How to register a business in International Humanitarian City
To register a business, you will need to choose the type of company and pay for the license. The price of a standard office for non–profit organizations will be about 18 thousand dirhams, and a workplace – about 11 thousand dirhams. Commercial organizations will have to pay for licensing at a standard office will be about 32 thousand dirhams, when renting a dedicated workplace – about 20 thousand dirhams. At the same time, the lease of warehouses will amount to 269 dirhams per square for non-profit organizations and 376 dirhams per square for commercial ones.The advantage of registering a company in International Humanitarian City is that you do not need a guarantee from a local sponsor or partner. Commercial enterprises are limited to activities supported by the UN, NGOs, NGOs and other humanitarian or organizations officially recognized as charitable. Activities related to the provision of assistance are considered permitted. This includes manufacturers, suppliers of goods, as well as suppliers of related services.