The green visa in the UAE is an innovation of the last year in the migration policy of the state. The main purpose of the innovation is to improve the flexibility of the labor market. Freelancers, self-employed, businessmen, investors can get it without attracting a sponsor/employer.
We are talking about a new type of residence permit in the Emirates, which is issued for a period of 5 years. Thanks to this visa, the applicant has the opportunity to support himself financially. It also allows freelancers, self-employed to stay and work in the country without a sponsor.
New benefits for family members in obtaining “green residency”
The visa holder has the right to issue a permit for a spouse, children. Under the new operating system, family members can count on a greater number of preferential conditions:
- The child’s return for sponsorship has been increased to 25 years.
- There are no restrictions for unmarried daughters now.
- Children under the age of 18 can live in the Emirates.
Holders of a “green visa” in Dubai and other emirates have the right to issue a residence permit for a relative of the 1st degree of kinship. The main condition is that the validity period of such a visa should be equal to the validity period of the applicant’s permit.
Conditions for obtaining a green visa
To get a visa, register with MOHRE, and then you can prepare documentation.
Required list of documents:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Permission to work as a freelancer.
- Valid passport (at least six months).
- Color photo.
- Last year’s income was 360,000 dirhams.
Each paper must be translated into English and certified.
Step-by-step plan for obtaining a UAE green visa
You can apply offline by contacting the migration service, and online. Let’s consider the second method step by step:
- Register on the GDRFA website and click on Individuals.
- Select the type of visa, go to its page and click on Start service.
- In the window that appears, click on New Applicant, and then find the New Entry Permit for Green Residence in the proposed list, and click Apply.
- Enter the data in the form, attach the documents that will be required, and pay a fee for the $90 fee.
- Wait for the approval to be received by email.
If you are applying from another country, you need an entry permit (a temporary work permit for a period of two months will do). If you are in the Emirates on a tour visa, you will have to change your status. This can be done by contacting the registration authority. You will receive a document with temporary permissions for $170.
In addition to the above, sometimes they are asked to take a medical test and biometrics in the Typing Office, the results of which will also have to be attributed to the migration service. After that, you just have to wait for the card to be sent to your email.
If the “green visa” in the UAE is canceled, or it expires, the holder has the right to legally stay in the country for another six months.