Do I need a visa to Dubai and the UAE for Kazakhstanis? According to the agreement concluded between the two states in 2018, if a citizen of Kazakhstan plans to stay in the territory of the Principality for less than 30 days, then he does not need a visa. If the visit is longer, then it is necessary to issue an entry permit. You can do this yourself by contacting the embassy in person or online, as well as using the services of travel agencies. This article is about how to issue an entry permit, what documents will be required and what rules will have to be observed.
If a citizen of Kazakhstan crosses the borders of the Emirates for the first time, the data of his passport is entered into the electronic database E-Gate. On subsequent visits, information about the guest will simply be checked against the existing one. After entering the information into the database, the passport will be stamped.
The passport must be valid at the time of crossing the border, as well as within the next 6 months from the moment when the person leaves the Emirates.
Border guards have the right to demand additional papers from the person entering, for example, a hotel reservation or a return ticket.
When traveling with minors, each of them must have their own passport (regardless of age). Pasting photos of children in parents’ passports is unacceptable.
Border rules for tourists
- Persons who have crossed the border without a visa have the right to stay in the territory of the state for no more than 30 days. Staying in the country without a visa is a violation of the law, which is punishable by a fine. For 31 days, the fine will be 200 dirhams, for each subsequent one – 100. If the violation is repeated, the authorities may apply a more serious punishment.
- In the absence of a visa, a person can stay in the country only for the purpose of tourism, businessmen have the right to attend business meetings, conferences, etc. Any other activities are prohibited: study, employment, entrepreneurship. If the offense is detected, the offenders, depending on the severity of the offense, will be punished from an administrative fine to a prison term (from 1 to 6 months). In the future, the foreigner will be deported and deprived of the right to use the visa-free regime.
- Minors can cross the border only if they have their own passport and are accompanied by their parents or other adults who have a notarized permission from their parents.
- Adult women have the right to enter the country unaccompanied by men.
Types of visas to the UAE for Kazakhstanis
- Tourist. There are single and multiple. Each of them allows you to stay in the country for up to 60 days: according to the first one, you can enter the country only once, according to the second – several times after a certain time interval. It is important to leave before the expiration of the permit, since none of them can be extended.
- Transit. Valid for two weeks and allows you to stay in the UAE for no more than 96 hours.
- Cruise. It is issued only for participants of cruise sea tours and only through a travel agency or a flight organizer company.
- Working. It is issued independently if there is an invitation from the employer.
- Resident. Available only for property owners.
A trip with children
- To cross the border, a child, regardless of age, must have his own passport.
- If the child is traveling with one of the parents, the permission of the second is not required.
- If the minor’s surname does not match the parent’s or he is traveling with third parties, then to apply for a visa, you will need to provide:
- consent letter from parents;
- an exit permit from the parents, which specifies the passport details of the father, mother and accompanying person;
- birth certificate.
All documents must be translated into English and notarized. The consent letter and the metric must have certified copies.
What to consider
- To open a visa, you must have a hotel reservation. It is made for at least three days and at the same time for all traveling family members. Violation of one of these conditions is a reason for refusal of an entry permit.
- If the reservation is canceled, the visa is canceled automatically.
- Any mistakes that have crept into the documents when applying for a visa can be solved in the Emirates. There is a small fee for this.
Terms of consideration
On average, they take 3-5 working days. Non-working days are Saturday and Sunday. However, during the tourist season, when the migration service is overloaded with applications, the processing time of applications may increase to two weeks. Delays may be caused by other reasons that are not explained to the applicant.
Features of a visa for Kazakhstanis
A visa for citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan is an A4 printout containing:
- owner’s photo;
- identification number;
- passport data;
By scanning the identification number, an immigration officer finds a person in the database and based on this puts an oval stamp in the passport.
The cost of a visa to the UAE from Kazakhstan
A tourist visa for all ages costs $80. The amount includes $65 visa fee and $15 service fee.
How to issue a document
It is difficult to obtain a visa permit on your own. A prerequisite is the presence of a sponsor, which can act as:
- the airline selling the ticket;
- travel agency;
- the hotel of the intended stay.
But even the presence of a sponsor does not guarantee a positive decision. It is better to apply to the visa application center, which has been operating in Kazakhstan since 2012.
Through the visa application center (online)
To apply to the visa application center, collect a package of documents including color copies:
- foreign pages with photos;
- jpeg photo, 200-400 × 257-514 pixels.
- certificates from the place of work on the official letterhead of the company with the signature of the head and indication of the monthly salary (which must be at least 500 US dollars in equivalent);
- bank account statements reflecting the turnover of funds for the last six months;
- return ticket;
- hotel reservations;
- US, UK or EU visas for the last 5 years, if available.
All files must have a size of 900 x 2000 pixels. and be of the highest quality.
To submit an application:
- Go to the website of the visa application center.
- Fill out the questionnaire and the questionnaire.
- Send a package of documents.
- Pay for the service (by transfer, bank card, cash).
Via travel agency
For a travel agency, you will need:
- a color copy of the first page of the foreign passport with a volume of no more than 100 KB;
- 3X4 color photo in jpeg format with a volume of no more than 40 KB.
If a tourist is traveling with children, then appropriate papers will also be required for each child, which were mentioned above.
Where is the UAE Embassy in Kazakhstan
Astana, Diplomatic town C-15. Working hours are from Monday to Friday from 9-00 to 16-00. Weekend: Saturday, Sunday.
Let’s summarize the results:
- Do I need a visa to Dubai and the UAE for Kazakhstanis? No, it is not necessary if the person stays in the country for no more than 30 days.
- Is it possible to enter the UAE with children using a parent passport? No, you can’t. Every child should have their own passport.
How is it easier to apply for a visa? The easiest way is to use the services of a visa application center or travel agency. In this case, you will not need to attract a sponsor.